#posebypose day 20 - Chaturanga Dandasana
Say what? ANOTHER chaturanga? Don’t think this was a mistake! Chaturanga is one of the key poses in yoga and helps in multiple yoga poses.
How does this help in 8 angle pose? Well, 8 angle pose is all about chaturanga. You are truly pushing the floor away from you and lowering down as you are balancing your legs on your arms. Sound tough? It’s okay! Let’s practice chaturanga until we are 400 years old - it is that important. (:
Getting into chaturanga.
- Start in plank. If this is difficult for you, feel free to modify by placing your knees beneath you.
- Before lowering down, make sure your wrists are directly below your shoulders.
- Slowly lower down. IMPORTANT! Make sure you are aware of your elbows. Keep them close to your body. Have the image of scraping your elbows against your ribs. Keep those abs engaged.
- Make sure your hips is not too high and not too low. If you have access to do this close to a mirror, do it!
- Hover here for a while. Don’t rush into it, and do not rush to get out of it. Staying engaged is key.
- Congratulations, you did it!
I cannot wait to see all of your pictures and variations! Want to join in on the fun? Check out the PoseByPose master post. And don’t forget to tag your hosts in your posts: yogarian, bexmaddy, healthyhappymotivation, yogawithkarel (me), and sunny-yogi