We’re having so much fun with these challenges that we decided to keep it going for the third month in a row! Join us in October as we each build up to one of our favorite difficult poses. Your hosts - Cat, Rebecca, Stef, Karel, and Chante - will trade off leading the charge every six days. We’ll do five days of prep poses before going for the hard one, with plenty of variations to make it easier or more challenging as we go. Sometimes you just gotta break a pose down to get it right, so the theme this month is #PoseByPose
What to expect…
October 1-6, Crow / Bakasana with Cat
- 1: Plank
- 2: Four-Limbed Staff Pose / Chaturanga Dandasana
- 3: Boat Pose / Navasana
- 4: Garland Pose / Malasana
- 5: Lizard / Utthan Pristhasana
- 6: Crow / Bakasana
October 7-12, Tripod Head Stand / Sirsasana II with Rebecca
- 7: Down Dog / Adho Mukha Svanasana
- 8: Chair pose / Utkatasana
- 9: Reverse Plank / Purvottanasana
- 10: Supported Shoulder Stand / Salamba Sarvangasana
- 11: Wall Tripods / Sirasana II prep
- 12: Tripod / Sirsasana II
October 13-18 Upward Bow (Wheel) / Urdhva Dhanurasana with Stef
- 13: Cobra Pose / Bhujangasana
- 14: Upward Facing Dog Pose / Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
- 15: Camel Pose / Ustrasana
- 16: Bridge Pose / Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- 17: Standing Back Bend / Anuvittasana
- 18: Wheel Pose / Urdhva Dhanurasana
October 19-24 Eight Angle / Astavakrasana with Karel
- 19: Pigeon / Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
- 20: Low Pushup / Chaturanga Dandasana
- 21: Leg-Hug-like-a-baby-asana
- 22: Astavakrasana prep
- 23: Elephant Trunk Pose / Eka Hasta Bhujasana
- 24: 8 angle pose / Astavakrasana
October 25-30 Handstands / Adho Mukha Vrksasana with Chante
- 25: Dolphin Pose & Plank
- 26: Downward Dog Pushups
- 27: Headstand
- 28: Headstand Pikes
- 29: Handstand Jumps
- 30: Handstand
Oct. 31 - Meditation / Dhyana
How to participate…
- Follow your hosts (yogarian, bexmaddy, healthyhappymotivation, yogawithkarel, and sunny-yogi) and Reblog this post and spread the love
- Check the weekly host’s blog the night before for a step-by-step, including pointers and variations.
- Post your photo/video/gif each day and share some thoughts
- Tag it with #PoseByPose. Your hosts all track the tag and we’ll like, LOVE, and reblog our favs
- Have fun! Check each other out. Make some new yoga friends.
OPTIONAL: We are also on Instagram —- follow us there for more fun (Cat, Rebecca, Karel, Chante)
BONUS: Everyone who participates will get a coupon code forKarel’s Etsy Store and those who post ALL 31 DAYS will be entered to win a free bracelet (1 winner). Woo hoo!
We’re so excited for this month and can’t wait to watch you guys rock these poses. We hope you’re having as much fun as we are!
WHO IS GOING TO PARTICIPATE
This is me catching up with the freeyogis challenge!! With starting university on Saturday I’ve been super busy and haven’t had time to do any yoga at all really!! But hopefully the craziness of freshers week will settle down soon :)
First picture is day 21 #trust, second is day 22 #funkypose and the third is day 19 #trust.
a little relaxing yoga just in front of my new tumblrbed :D
freeyogis #22 is #funkypose.. well im not feeling funky today at all :D starting studying is so overwelming and exciting.. when i have some time for myself at home i just need relaxing poses! :D
Day 22: #freeyogis #funkypose
Inverted compass has always been a pose I’ve wanted to try and now….here it is! It just looks so cool! 😄
#FreeYogis Day 21. Trust.
Learning to trust myself and slowly getting stronger ☺️ up up and away!
Show us your trust pose! Tag your post and tag your hosts so we can cheer you on!
Day 22 of #freeyogis here’s some funky pincha for my #funkypose #yogaeverydamnday #yoga #yogi #strength #balance